Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:35:17 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <myevmenk@exodus.net>
To:        Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth on IBM T30 (serial device?)

and more on the subject... according to the

http://www.linuxcare.com/labs/certs/ibm/thinkpad/t30/97u-rh80-sys.epl

usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x4bf/0x310)
        is not claimed by any active driver.

so it looks like T30 has USB Bluetooth adapter manufactured by TDK.
ng_ubt(4) driver supports TDK USB Bluetooth dongle (0x4bf/0x309 -
note different product id) and this dongle has CSR chip inside.

bottom line: if your T30 has the same device and TDK used CSR chip
in it then you will make it work.

Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> Hello Tobias,
>
>> Inspired by the latest bluetooth success stories, I would like to
>> use the integrated bluetooth device in my IBM T30.
>

> Thank you for the interest
>
>> Did anyone have success with this device or similar ones? Or any
>> information that could help me explore this?
>

> No, you will be the first :)
>
>> All I know is that windows lists a number of bluetooth com ports,
>> starting from com5 and going up to com11 or so. It also lists two
>> types of bluetooth modems.
>

> Windows drivers/stacks often (always?) do that. It does not mean that
> actual Bluetooth device has UART on board. According to the following
> link Bluetooth device inside T30 is actually a USB one.
>
> http://www.linuxcare.com/labs/certs/ibm/thinkpad/t30/97u-rh80-config.epl
>
> Can you confirm/deny this? Could you please boot FreeBSD, activate
> Bluetooth device on your T30 and try
>
> # usbdevs -v -d
>
> If the Bluetooth device is indeed USB one than please send me the
> Vendor ID and Product ID for the device.

thanks,
max