Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 10:38:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        Damian vantriglia <dragonproduction@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE:

On 03-Apr-00 Damian vantriglia wrote:
> i have a pentium 200 mmx laptop with 1 gig free hard disk, 32 megs RAM, but
> no floppy drive is it possible for me to install freeBSD with out a floppy
> drive? i also have no cd rom, only 56K modem.

I'm afraid you will need either a cdrom or a floppy for this. It is difficult to
say if your modem will work though, but MAYBE you can download the OS via the
net, in which case you at least will need a boot floppy. Your best bet is to get
a cdrom just for the install, I'd guess.

A thought: Is it possible to boot a floppy image on the harddisk?

Michael Josefsson, MSEE
mj@isy.liu.se

This message was sent by XFMail
running on FreeBSD 3.4