Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2011 11:39:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      Lars Eighner <luvbeastie@larseighner.com>
To:        Alokat <mailing@alokat.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bash can not find most of my commands

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011, Alokat wrote:

> Paul has satisfied me. I have changed back to csh.

If you want to run as root and use bash, well, that is what the user toor is
for (examine master.passwd -- use vipw to edit master.passwd to enter a
password for toor and the path to bash for toor, but set EDITOR first if you
are not comfortable with vi).  If you activate toor, you can log in as toor,
use bash, and yet you are root (try whoami as toor).  This preserves the
root login for emergencies when /usr may not be mounted.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html