Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 1997 01:19:07 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.demon.co.uk>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD hackers list)
Subject:   Re: msdosfs creates illegal dir names?

[.....]
> Question: are files/dirs with leading . valid DOS names? I'm really
> suspicious about 'm  (all of this was 2.1.5R BTW)
>
> Wilko

No.  You've got to have at least one char before the '.'.

Another "interesting" thing about the existing msdosfs:  Share one of these
partitions via samba, and then "copy-and-paste" a directory using win95.  You
end up with a rather messy directory that lacks '.' & '..' !

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.demon.co.uk>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.demon.co.uk/>;