Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 2008 22:19:06 -0400
From:      "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <gaijin.k@gmail.com>
To:        Marco <ilikefbsd@web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Software for virtualisation for FreeBSD needed

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 17:33 +0200, Marco wrote:
> >more specific about what you consider "real vm".
>
> uhoh! please ignore the "real"
Please, do not take it as an attempt to give you a hard time --
different people have different real problems -- I was merely trying to
ask about specific things you are after.

> >QEMU on FreeBSD host (with Windows, Linux and OpenSolaris guests)
>
> i have performance issues in windows guest os's, linux and opensolaris
> are working ok for me.
> any advice how to tune windows guests on qemu? (as the accelerator
> module is still alpha, i dont had the guts to use it yet ;))
Ahem... I have been using kqemu-kmod for few years now and have yet to
see any ill effects, apart from rare times when I rebuild kernel and
forget to rebuild the module (I used to track -CURRENT, but now I am
sticking to RELENG_7). YMMV, but I would certainly recommend giving it a
try.

Not to belittle VMWare, but I could not get their current kernel modules
to build on my Gentoo box, so it is not that immune to kernel changes
either.

HTH,

--
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)