Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 01:00:45 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Scott Dodson <sdodson@beoclu-01.phy.gasou.edu>, Jon Paterson <jpaterson@itchannel.net>, "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Correct sequence for keeping a 4.1 system stable.

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <39E20B55.B57B7A25@urx.com> Kent Stewart writes:
> : What kind of errors are you looking for? The 4.0-R to 4.1.1-S
> : buildworld upgrade that I was watching finished last night. Because of
> : this thread I did a buildkernel KERNEL=GENERIC and that went without
> : errors. There were a couple of warning message in the buildkernel but
> : that was it. The buildworld output far really to large to page down
> : through.
>
> No errors after you run mergemaster on reboot?  I think that I get
> some files not existing messages from newsyslog on a reboot that far
> apart.

Never saw an unexpected error message during the build and installs. I
had to backup because I had added the compat stuff to /etc/make.conf
after the buildworld. That was an oops. Commenting them out and
redoing the installworld was successful. I was able to stay online
while the installworld was running. I ran Mergemaster and it looked
like it was successful. Never saw any messages at boot time. I am
going to check back in the morning an see if anything happened when
some of the cron's fire up.

Kent
--
Kent Stewart