Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:16:42 -0400
From:      "David W. Alderman" <dave@mmrd.com>
To:        jin@george.lbl.gov, caa@midgard.dhs.org, maniattb@cs.rpi.edu
Cc:        Doug@gorean.org, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual Processor Motherboards

The Celeron is meant only to compete with AMD's K6 which is effectively
uniprocessor thanks to the APIC.

A multiprocessor Celeron competes with Intel's cash-cow, the P-III.

On 7/27/1999 at 12:07 PM jin@george.lbl.gov dared write for all to see:

>The story I heard was that Intel will combine the P-II, P-III, and Celeron
>techonogy to make a new Celeron; maybe the person who told me this story
>is wrong, but I could not think what is the good reason for Intel to make
>Uniprocessor Celeron.

Dave
Dave Alderman - "May my words today be sweet and tender,
for tomorrow I may have to eat them."
Business: dave@persprog.com is changing to dave@mmrd.com
Personal: dwa@atlantic.net -or- dwa@netcommander.com