Date:      Tue, 12 Apr 2011 19:22:27 +0200
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org, emulation@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        netchild@FreeBSD.org, olli@FreeBSD.org, avg@FreeBSD.org, hselasky@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Linuxolator v4l2/dvb patches (like for webcamd + skype...)

Hi!

 After Olli successfully tested the version for 8 with a Logitech C210
camera and the versions of skype and webcamd in ports [1] I guess it's
time to post the patches in public:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux-dvb-v4l2-8-test.patch
	(for 8)

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux-dvb-v4l2-test.patch
	(for head, untested)

 These also contain my previously posted Linuxolator dvb patches
that I still need to turn into a seperate kld because I got no
response from the Linux guy wrt the header file license (the Linux
dvb headers are lgpl2), so atm they are only for testing.

 Note:  At least the version of skype in ports still won't work with
all cameras supported by webcamd because skype wants yuv 4:2:0 pixel
format and some webcams only support jpeg (like a gspca zc3xx one
I dug up here), maybe the newer skype version that Andriy got working,

	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2011-February/011696.html

will have support for such cameras, or if not maybe a solution like
this Linux post linked,

	http://lists.mandriva.com/bugs/2009-03/msg03382.php

could be ported (unfortunately the main posting,

	http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic.php?t=100986

is in french); gstfakevideo that he used seems to be here:

	https://code.google.com/p/gstfakevideo/source/checkout

 I'll leave porting that to others as I don't really use skype
myself here, I just thought I could add some v4l2 support to my
Linuxolator patches. :)

 Enjoy!
	Juergen

[1] He didn't get the cam's internal mic working yet but that of
    course has nothing to do with my Linuxolator patches. (see
    other thread.)