Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 2004 19:45:26 -0500
From:      Trey Sizemore <trey@fastmail.fm>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB mouse support

Mark Ovens wrote:

>On Sun November 28 2004 22:22, Trey Sizemore wrote:
>

>>Mark Ovens wrote:

>>>Yes, same as mine.
>>>
>>>You did change ''moused_port'' in /etc/rc.conf to /dev/psm0 when you
>>>connected it to the PS/2 port, didn't you?
>>>

>>Actually, the only entries I have in /etc/rc.conf are:
>>ifconfig_vr0="DHCP"
>>linux_enable="YES"
>>usbd_enable="YES"
>>
>>What does this line look like?
>>

>Here's what I have:
>
>moused_enable="yes"     # Run the mouse daemon.
>moused_type="auto"      # See man page for rc.conf(5) for available settings.
>moused_port="/dev/ums0" # Set to your mouse port.
>moused_flags=""         # Any additional flags to moused.

OK...making some progress now.  I have these entries (except I'm using
/dev/psm0 for the time being) and now the mouse is jumping to the upper
left corner of the screen and flickering menus mysteriously.  Moving the
mouse only causes the flickering.  I used another PS/2 connected mouse
(wired this time -> MS Optical USB) and it gave the exact same behavior).

Any ideas about what to check?  It appears my /etc/rc.conf and
/etc/X11/xorg.conf (mouse section, at least) look identical to yours.
I've been googling, but apparently not putting in the right combo of
words (flickering, erratic, etc.).

Thanks again.