Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 2015 03:59:00 -0800
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is updating contrib/gcc desirable?

Currently the only way how fortran is supported is through lang/gccXX
ports. They install their own version of libgcc.so, which is
incompatible with the base. As a result, mix of fortran ports and
regular C++ ports is broken. This breaks most of science/math software
on FreeBSD.

Would it be the right way of solving the problem if I submitted an
update of contrib/gcc and contrib/gcclibs from the gcc-5.3.0 tree? Any
pitfalls with this?

Additionally, the gcc library libquadmath is required for fortran. I
think this one can be made into a port.

Yuri