Date:      Sun, 9 Mar 2003 22:55:50 +0100 (CET)
From:      Soeren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>
To:        "Bruce R. Montague" <brucem@cruzio.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATA CS5530 (cyrix) driver panic (ata_cyrix_setmode())

It seems Bruce R. Montague wrote:

> Routine  "ata_cyrix_setmode()" in "ata-chipset.c"
> appears to be assuming that "channel->dma" has a
> valid pointer to a "struct ata_dma_funcs", and
> that "channel->r_bmio" is a valid bus resource
> id. This is not the case, both "channel->dma" and
> "channel->r_bmio" (bus master I/O supported) are
> 0, which will result in panics. The first use (and
> panic) occurs at:

OK, just looked a bit more closely at this, if the r_bmio address
is not set in the chipset registers something is wrong as these
are used to setup PIO and DMA timings in the chipset. So if your
BIOS doesn't set the bmio address, there is *no way* I can set
any modes on your HW, ie you need to use whatever mode the BIOS
has setup for you.
Could you please dump the pci reg 0x20 (with pciconf) and
verify that it is endeed 0 ?

-Søren