Date:      Fri, 4 Dec 2015 15:27:20 -0500
From:      Jason Van Patten <jvp@lateapex.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bridge Interfaces and ARPs

On 12/4/15 2:06 AM, Aleksandr A Babaylov wrote:

> sysctl net.link.ether.inet.proxyall=1

This looks like it's working; thanks a bunch!  Whoda'thunk you could use
something like proxy arp to un-break a broken network?  It appears as
though the above sysctl keeps resetting itself to 0 with *any* network
interface changes.  And from what I can see, that's as by design?  Is
there any way to get it to stay 1?  The problem is that sysctl does its
think during boot-up, before the interfaces and routing are all set in
/etc/rc.conf.  So I have to come back in and manually set it to 1.  I
suppose I can write an RC script to do that for me, but it's still
suboptimal.

Any guidance or suggestions on that one?

Thanks again!
--
Jason Van Patten