Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 1997 09:14:33 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
To:        sgt@deltathree.com (Sergei Barbarash)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAPI CD recognition

> Hello,
>
> My FreeBSD box fails to recognize my ATAPI CD. My hardware configuration is:
>
>  - a (master) hard disk on wdc0
>  - a (master) ATAPI CD on wdc1 (I want 32-bit access on my hard disk.)
>
> My kernel configuration:
>
> controller      wdc0    at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
> disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
> controller	wdc1    at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 vector wdintr
> options		ATAPI   #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
> options       	ATAPI_STATIC    #Don't do it as an LKM
> device		wcd1
> options     	"CD9660"                #ISO 9660 filesystem
>
> here is an excerpt from dmesg:
>
> wdc0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14 on isa
> wdc0: unit 0 (wd0): <Seagate Technology 1275MB - ST31276A>
> wd0: 1221MB (2501856 sectors), 2482 cyls, 16 heads, 63 S/T, 512 B/S
> wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa
> fdc0 at 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2 on isa
> fdc0: NEC 72065B
>
> etc.
>
> Any help will be much appreciated.

Hmm, the configuration file looks good to me, at least I cannot
see any bug in it.  Which release of FreeBSD are you running? Did
you try to connect the CD as slave on the primary IDE-controller?
If connected to the primary controller it should be supported and
recognized by the GENERIC kernel.

Whats the brand of your CD drive?

Sorry to ask more questions than giving answers, but that's all I
can do for now.

Wolfgang