Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:24:28 +0100
From:      Alistair Sutton <alistair.sutton@ntlworld.com>
To:        Thierry Thomas <thierry@pompo.net>
Subject:   Re: Dell 4150 & ACPI-0293: *** Warning: Buffer created with zero length in AML

--+nBD6E3TurpgldQp

* Thierry Thomas (thierry@pompo.net) wrote:
> Same problem here on an Inspiron 8200, but my googling has been more
> successful =3D> on <http://minilien.com/?KHb9gaQf1f>; you'll find a patch
> from Bruce Cran. This patch is for a 8500, and it does not apply cleanly
> for mine... I have hacked something, but not yet tested, because I'm not
> sure and it could be harmful.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D1568530+1589017+/usr/local/ww=
w/db/text/2003/freebsd-current/20030525.freebsd-current

The instructions in that message worked for me on my Inspiron 8200
although I did use a different patch than the one at the end of the
message (I obtained it from another posting to the list at the start of
last week but I can't seem to find which one in the archives)

The only bit missing is where it says "patch the .asl file and compile
it back", to this run:

patch insp4150.dsl <name_of_patch_file>

Then run:

iasl insp4150.dsl

That will compile the file back into the DSDT.aml file that you need and
you can then follow the instructions for overloading your system dst.

I've attached the patch that works for me if you want to try it.=20

Cheers

Alistair
--=20
LJ : http://www.livejournal.com/users/everlone