Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:57:57 -0600
From:      Jimmie Houchin <jhouchin@texoma.net>
To:        Adriaan de Groot <adridg@cs.kun.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 5.2 and amd64 - good enough for a production server?

Adriaan de Groot wrote:
[snip]
> Things with definite issues that I've run across:
>
> lang/gcl - pointers in int madness
> lang/cmucl - binary-only i386 distribution
> graphics/acroread - binary only linux i386 distribution
>
> Hardly stuff you're likely to run on a big server box, though. Standard
> workstation fare runs fine as well.

acroread failed to build on my Gentoo AMD64 install as well.
However it has gpdf (gnome pdf)
Which I recently used to view some PDFs.

The instant-workstation port failed to build for me because it required
acroread. Maybe the instant-workstation could drop the requirement for
acroread and substitute gpdf, xpdf and/or kpdf (or whatever KDE uses)
for the PDF reader depending on desktop choice.

Just a thought.

Jimmie Houchin