Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:07:47 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, freebsd-chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: UCITA (Important)

Can i actually make a difference?  I have no money to contribute.  It
seems the big lobbyists (software companies) will have the eweight to
win this battle.  I just realized what else this might mean...

No used college textbooks
No used music CDs
No used video games
Paranoia that being connected to the net could result in my machine
being shut down by some hacker with 'disable' codes.

The list goes on...
On the bright side, BSD open source licensing  may take a stronger
hold.  But that is hardly worth the negative effects.

Actual penalty by referee in an American Football game:
"Unsportsmanlike conduct: giving him the business!  Fifteen yard
penalty, automatic first down!"