Date:      Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:31:03 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>
To:        Dave Walton <walton@nordicrecords.com>
Cc:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AEC-4412 SCSI-SCSI RAID

On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 01:40:45PM -0700, Dave Walton wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that's it.  I notice that every time I try to access sd0
> with fdisk or whatever else, /var/log/messages gets an entry saying:
>   /kernel: sd0: Can't deal with 134 bytes logical blocks
It says logical not physical.
I have had the same problems with some IBM drives which claimed to have 520
Bytes/Sector.
I finally used a Tool from Dan Stricks - you may find the discussion on
freebsd-scsi archive.
Another way might be low-level formating using the Adaptec BIOS - at least
on a 1542 it sets the sector size properly to 512 Bytes.

--
B.Walter                  COSMO-Project              http://www.cosmo-project.de
ticso@cicely.de             Usergroup                info@cosmo-project.de