Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2007 22:02:14 +0100
From:      usleepless@gmail.com
To:        rmgls@wanadoo.fr
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hauppauge HVR930

Bonsoir!

On 2/24/07, rmgls@wanadoo.fr <rmgls@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> > Bonjour!
>
> Salut !
>
> >> On 2/24/07, rmgls@wanadoo.fr <rmgls@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Can you tell me please, if the little USB module
> >> HVR930 from Hauppauge is supported by, say pvrxxx?
> >> and what must be donne to support it if not?
> >>
> >> thanks in advance.
>
> > when googling for HVR930, only french results are served. it seems
> > like a france-specific product number.
>
> > is it just what the linux folks call a pvr-usb?
>
> it seems so! and then?
> freebsd does not recognize it.

no, the pvr-usb driver is linux only. it is a "userland" driver
though, so it should be easier to port than a kernel-driver. but it
depends on a couple of linux-kernel-modules such tuner.ko, eeprom.ko
etc.

so i think the answer is: your card is not supported on freebsd,
neither will it be in the foreseeable future.

regards,

usleep