Date:      Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:35:44 +0900
From:      Hiroharu Tamaru <tamaru@myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mozilla dialogue boxes doesn't accept text input

Hello again.

It's always "just after posting" that you find things out...

Following my own mail, I found out the cause and the
workaround.  I am using the good-old twm with a config I
built up long long ago.  In there, I disable the
"DecorateTransients" option, which means there are no window
manager frames nor tabs on the popup dialogues. This seems
to be tha cause of the problem.

If I enable it, now I can type into the textboxes. "Find"
also work fine.  This is true even without restarting
mozilla nor even without closing the dialogue box itself.
Just by changing .twmrc and reloading it by twm's reload
function, I can switch to and from the working and
non-working state.

Should this be considered a mozilla bug or not, I am not sure...
but, anyway, things are now worked around for me.

Just for what it's worth.