Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:28:13 -0500
From:      Sam Hopkins <sah@coraid.com>
To:        joe@via.net, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AoE for FreeBSD

> What's the performance like? Do you have any benchmark numbers?

What benchmark do we care about here?  We've tested various configurations
and the I/O rate scales linearly with the number of blades involved.

On Linux with dual 2GHz processors, two GbE interfaces, and one
shelf per interface -- to get the load balanced properly across CPUs --
we see 80-90 MB/s sustained read/write throughput.

I'm vying for this (our only workhorse) box to do freebsd tests
on the same hardware.  Give me a benchmark to try and I'll
spit out some numbers when I get the box (later this afternoon).

Sam