Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 2020 19:41:55 +0200
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf@riseup.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Saving online photo from Firefox error

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 19:22:13 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 22:12:37 -0600, Brandon wrote:
>>'org.gtk.Settings.FileChooser' does not contain a key named
>>'show-type-column'
>
>Hi,
>
>I'm on Linux and on Linux I would suggest to reset the schema
>recursively.
>
>[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ gsettings list-schemas | grep
>org.gtk.Settings.FileChooser org.gtk.Settings.FileChooser
>[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ gsettings list-recursively
>org.gtk.Settings.FileChooser | grep show-type-column
>org.gtk.Settings.FileChooser show-type-column true
>[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ gsettings help | grep reset-recursively
>  reset-recursively         Reset all values in a given schema
>
>When googling for "FreeBSD" and "gsettings" with or without "man" I
>don't get a man page for gsettings, but...
>
>"pkg install -f gsettings-desktop-schemas" -
>https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/mate-not-starting-with-message-no-gsettings-schemas-are-installed-on-the-system.56205/
>
>However, on Arch Linux the "gsettings" command is part of glib2 and
>dconf is provided by a package named dconf. IOW if
>gsettings-desktop-schemas are already installed and you need to manage
>gsettings, you need to install a tool, either gsettings or dconf.
>
>[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ dconf dump /org/gtk/ | grep show-type-column
>show-type-column=true
>[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ dconf help | grep reset
>  reset             Reset the value of a key or dir
>
>This binary blob for GTK related configs is a PITA.
>
>Regards,
>Ralf

After taking a look at
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gsettings-desktop-schemas/-/tree/master/schemas
I've got the impression that org.gtk.Settings.FileChooser is not part
of gsettings-desktop-schemas.

https://www.dict.cc/?s=von+Pontius+zu+Pilatus

;)

Anyway, you somehow need to fix ~/.config/dconf/user.