Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:56:35 +0100
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro <sanpei@sanpei.org>
Cc:        marcel@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [xmovie/linux libjpeg,libpng] I want to add linux-libjpeg and libpng  for xmovie.

MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro wrote:

>   So, I want to contribute xmovie to FreeBSD ports collection.  But
> we don't have linux jpeg and png library in ports collection.

You can probably download the jpeg and png RPMs as patches. See
/usr/ports/emulators/linux_base for example. MASTER_SITES/DISTFILES will
be used to download xmovie itself and PATCH_SITES/PATCHFILES can be used
to download any RPMs you need. Installing the RPMs with -U also allows
automatic upgrading...

>         - add jpeg and png library to linux_base?

linux_base is already quite large. Maybe we can add X related packages
to a new port...

>         - create linux_jpeg and linux_png ports?

Hmmm... not my favorite...

>         - others

See above.

HTH,