Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2013 07:22:21 -0500
From:      Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Shared object "libaprutil-1.so.4" not found, required by "libserf-1.so.0"

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Matthew Seaman
<m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:
> On 11/09/2013 21:03, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>> [Info  19:57:22] Updating 'freebsd_texlive' source ports tree with method 'svn'.
>> Shared object "libaprutil-1.so.4" not found, required by "libserf-1.so.0"
>> [Error 19:57:22] Subversion update failed.
>> [Error 19:57:22] Failed to update the 'freebsd_texlive' ports tree.
>
> Yeah -- you need to update or install the package that provides
> libaprutil-1.so.  If you're using pkg(8) against a package repository
> rather than compiling your own, you could use:
>
>     pkg check -d subversion-1.8.3
>
> For portmaster dependencies should be auto-updated when you run
>
>     portmaster devel/subversion
>
> It might be useful to run
>
>     portmaster --force-config -f devel/subversion
>
> so you can recheck all the options settings of dependencies, but this
> will rebuild portmaster and everything it depends on.
>
>         Cheers,
>
>         Matthew
>
> --
> Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.
>
> PGP: http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/pgpkey
> JID: matthew@infracaninophile.co.uk

Dear Dr. Matthew,

Thank you very much for your excellent advice.  Worked like a champ!
Now if I can get iced-teaweb/openjdk to open *.jnlp files to use java,
it appears that itweb-javaws is not working correctly.  Firefox
reports that the file *.jnlp downloaded, but it is not opened by java.
 Thank you very much sir for your help.

Best Regards,

Antonio