Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:00:16 +0200
From:      Johan Kruger <jkruger@oskar.nanoteq.co.za>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   kmem_suballoc: bad status return of 3 ??

--------------C485C0785EFBECF15C2DBD83

I get this error when booting with a 2.2.8 kernel with maxusers = 2000
which is greater than 512.
I compiled a 2.2.6 and 2.2.7 kernel before with 2000 users with no
problem.
If i decrease the maxusers to say 256 then it works, so i guess
something has changed with the calculation of the mbufs and such.

I looked in vm_kern.c from where the error is generated and in param.c
which use MAXUSERS to determine some stuff. Any help on this subject
will be appreciated.

--------------C485C0785EFBECF15C2DBD83

begin:vcard
n:Kruger;Johan
tel;cell:+27 83 3015923
tel;fax:+27 12 6651343
tel;home:+27 83 3015923
tel;work:+27 12 6651338
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Nanoteq;Development
version:2.1
email;internet:jkruger@oskar.nanoteq.co.za
title:Mr
adr;quoted-printable:;;P.O BOX 12872=0D=0AOnderstepoort=0D=0A0110=0D=0ASouth Africa;Pretoria;Gauteng;0110;South Africa
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Johan Kruger
end:vcard