Date:      Sat, 17 Dec 2005 23:55:43 -0800
From:      "Cai, Quanqing" <caiquanqing@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>,  Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@crodrigues.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFS (read-only) support committed to CURRENT

On 12/17/05, Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
>
> > Your comment makes no sense.  What does being GPL have to do with
> > choosing ext2fs vs. XFS?  We ported XFS to FreeBSD because we felt like=
 it,
> > and it was fun. [...]
>
> That's a compelling reason. Seriously.

No offense, you could port ext3 too if you like...

My company has 20s nfs servers(6 250G RAID 1 units), currently use
SuSE9 w/XFS. I used ext3 on some but got long time fsck headache(Yes,
I have data=3Djournal in fstab, but journal will fail under heavy load).
So personally I prefer XFS.

BTW, thank Craig Rodrigues, Alexander Kabaev, Russell Cattelan and all
others for porting XFS to FreeBSD, it's a good news for community. We
need a journal FS on FreeBSD so badly!

Cai, Quanqing