Date:      Mon, 25 May 2015 12:40:07 -0500
From:      Brandon Wandersee <brandon.wandersee@zoho.com>
To:        Trevor Roydhouse <trev@sentry.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel fails to boot after update

On 05/25, Trevor Roydhouse wrote:

> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-options.html
>
> Cheers,
> TREV.

Thanks for the link, Trevor. I enabled DDB in the kernel ("options DDB") in
order to prevent the reboot and learned that the VirtualBox kernel module was
causing the hold-up (I use VirtualBox very often, so I load the module at
start-up). I'd forgotten to *rebuild the module after updating the kernel.* I
feel foolish for having forgotten that---I've been using VirtualBox for
years---but all is well now. Thanks for the pointers, and sorry for cluttering
the list with such an inane issue. The quote in my signature seems fitting in
this case.  Anyway, take care, all.

- Brandon

        :: Brandon Wandersee ::
    :: brandon.wandersee@zoho.com ::
"A common mistake that people make when
trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity
of complete fools."
                            - Douglas Adams