Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:08:08 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Anders Gytri <gytri@elkraft.ntnu.no>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Anders Gytri <gytri@elkraft.ntnu.no>
Subject:   imap-uw mailsubdir patch

I have recently tried to upgrade a horde installation on a FreeBSD 5.3 x86
computer. In the new /usr/local/www/horde/imp/config/servers.php.dist file
there is a reference to http://wiki.horde.org/ImpUWIMAPNamespaces. This
web page recommends me to apply a patch to the
/usr/ports/mail/imap-uw/work/imap-2004g/src/osdep/unix/env_unix.c file in
order to change the mailsubdir from '' to 'mail' for the imapd server.

I have tried to apply the patch, but afterwords the imapd server
still doesn't seem to work as intended. I have probably done something
wrong. Here is what I have done:

1. I saved the patch to the /usr/ports/mail/imap-uw/files/ directory and
    named the file patch-src-osdep-unix-env_unix.c-horde-imp

2. cd /usr/ports/mail/imap-uw
    make patch
    (I had to replace some spaces with tabs in the patch file before the
    patches was applied correctly. Probably because I pasted the patch from
    the web page).

3. I checked the file
    /usr/ports/mail/imap-uw/work/imap-2004g/src/osdep/unix/env_unix.c
    and the patch seemed to have been applied correctly.

4. make -DWITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT -DFORCE_PKG_REGISTER reinstall

5. I checked the date of the /usr/local/libexec/imapd file, and I
    confirmed that it had bee updated.

6. reboot

7. At last I tested the imap server from a Mozilla Thunderbird client
    where I changed my "IMAP server directory" setting from ~/mail/ to
    nothing. (Removed my ~/mail/ setting). Now all my files in my home
    directory appeared when I opened the Subscibe window. This is not the
    intended behavior.

I know that I can make a /etc/c-client.cf file to fix this, but this is
not a recommended method, and it also affects pine and the location of the
users mbox files.

Has anyone managed to change the behavior of imap-uw imapd server as
intended using this patch ? If so, how did you do it ?

Anders Gytri