Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 14:44:32 -0700
From:      Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   3com 3C509B Combo card

Over the last few weeks with various versions of RELENG_2_2 I've been
having a problem with my 3c509 cards.  It seems under conditions of high
traffic and high colision rates that the nic seems to get confused....

the machine doesn't lock or reboot, I just lose network conectivity.
If I do an ifconfig ep0 down ; ifconfig ep0 up then I'm back....

has anyone else seen similar issues ....

--
Email: skafte@worldgate.com	  Voice: +403 413 1910	  Fax: +403 421 4929
   #575 Sun Life Place * 10123 99 Street * Edmonton, AB * Canada * T5J 3H1
When things can't get any worse, they simplify themselves by getting a whole
lot worse then complicated. A complete and utter disaster is the simplest
thing in the world; it's preventing one that's complex.       (Janet Morris)