Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 1995 13:26:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Yet another severe Sig 11 problem with -current

I just upgraded to -current (as of 10:00 pm Sept. 12 PDT) and compiled it
on my Micron 90MHz Pentium at work to see if my machine could shed any
light on the Sig-11 problem so many people have reported.  I built a
custom kernel and rebooted, and sure enough, sig 11's on the two sed's in
rc.local and sig 11's on login which locked my out of the system!  This
is a severe problem, and not at all like the occasional sig 11's that
some people have reported.  Here is some information on my system if this
might help solve the problem:

Micron 90MHz Pentium PCI/ISA w/ 32MB RAM
BusLogic PCI SCSI controller with Conner 1GB hard drive & Plextor CDROM
3COM 3c509 ISA Ethernet card

new-style 2.0.5-RELEASE startup scripts.
The only LKM was the screensaver module which was rebuilt by make world,
  and the Sig 11's still occured when I removed it.
It makes no difference whether I use a custom config or GENERIC.

Anyway, good luck in finding the problem.  I'm going to revert back to my
2.0.5-RELEASE kernel until you solve it.  If you need any more
information about my configuration, let me know.

---Jake Hamby
  jehamby@lightside.com