Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 11:47:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Scott Drassinower <scottd@cloud9.net>
To:        Jin Guojun <jin@george.lbl.gov>
Cc:        dg@root.com, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel EtherExpress 100+ problems

The 2900XL can auto negotiate -- it does so by default.  I can force
things to 10 or 100 and half or full too, but that shouldn't be necessary.
With the switch auto negotiating, it definitely has each port as 100/full.

Cisco suggested I add spantree portfast to each port's config so that it
will start forwarding packets faster, but that's the only non-default
setting that the Cisco is using.  Same problem either way.

The only problems with the network are with certain types of file
operations over nfs, not with everything being broken.

--
 Scott M. Drassinower					    scottd@cloud9.net
 Cloud 9 Consulting, Inc.			       	     White Plains, NY