Date:      Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:48:31 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Charles Swiger" <cswiger@mac.com>, "Theo de Raadt" <deraadt@cvs.openbsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Adaptec AAC raid support

This is bullcrap.  Adaptec is quite obviously the single largest customer
of any of those chip partners.  If they told those partners they wern't
going to sign an NDA those partners would say "How high do you want me
to jump, sir"

> But the hardware vendors aren't obligated to meet your demands,

This is also bullcrap.  The hardware vendors are obligated to support
THEIR customers who have bought product from them.  Some of those
customers want to run OpenBSD.  Therefore the hardware vendors are
obligated to get off their fat asses and work with the OpenBSD people
regardless of how they may personally like or dislike them.

Ted