Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 2010 21:36:11 +0000
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <baptiste.daroussin@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Allow folloing 302 codes in FETCH_ARGS in bsd.port.mk

2010/7/19 Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>:

> We have already had the discussion about this issue and we're not going to
> be creating ports that download random files from VCS repos. So yes, the
> person/team who is responsible for the port will have to provide a tarball
> of a known-good version. But that's completely unrelated to the idea of -A
> in FETCH_ARGS.

I agree with I was just trying to get one more arguments against the
-A by default :)

The real problem for me is that it makes fetch fail with some
authenticated proxies; (yes I know I can work around with changing
FETCH_ARGS in my make.conf, but I can't see any interest of keeping
the -A or at least I'm really interested in knowing why it is so
important to keep it.

---
Bapt