Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:56:09 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAD and CASE for Unix

On 23 Nov 1999 21:52:58 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.chat you wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
>
>> Are we going to see an avalanche of bug-infested bloatware ?
>
>I'm sure that we will.  However, the biggest difference is that the
>bug-infested bloatware can only hurt itself instead of killing the entire
>system.

Come on folks, this is too simplistic.  Take something like Delphi which
compiles fast, tight code. RAD tools are no substitute for good design and
coding practicies, they should be looked at as a set of tools to take the
drudgery out of programming.  I for one would really welcome some more
modern development tools for FreeBSD.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)