Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 00:59:13 +0200 (EET)
From:      Bernie <Bernie_X@myrealbox.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   a little problem with ports

hello,

does anyone know where can i ask if a certain port is under
development / done / will not be developed etc?

the reason for this is that i got a problem with the qt x-win
gui toolkit.

The 'qt-designer' (IDE) that comes in the ports want qt
version qt-2.3.1_1.

the 'qt-architect' (dialog editor) wants qt version
qt1-1.45_1.

These from what i understand is two different versions of the
same program. Even though, none of them is available anywhere.

The qt toolkit version is currently 'qt-3...' this is the version
of the lattest tarball from the qt homepage : http://www.trolltech.com
which for some reason failed to compile...

Because qt is one of the best qui toolkits available + IDE and is
also cross-platform (win98, nt, linux, sol, etc) and i'd realy like
to use it, can you tell me if i can ask anywhere if a port for qt3
is under development.

i'm gonna send my error messages to the qt mailing list anyway, but
if there is a port soon there is  no point strugling...

i use freebsd-4.5-PRERELEASE built a week ago (cvsup) so i suppose
my ports tree is quite recent.

any help and directions would be much appreciated...

Regards,

Bernie