Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:28:04 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unix domain sockets in linux emulation

In the last episode (Oct 15), Andriy Gapon said:
> It seems that pathname "prefixing" is not performed for unix domain
> socket calls in linux emulation e.g. "/compat/linux" prefix is never
> tried to be prepended for bind() and connect() calls.

Sounds like a bug to me.  That would also make it difficult for linux
apps to talk via unix sockets to native apps.  The quick fix is to
remove /compat/linux/tmp, so everything gets created in the real /tmp
directory.  I do this on all my machines anyway, since it simplifies
troubleshooting and /tmp cleanup scripts.  The full fix would probably
be to add a call to LCONVPATH*() somplace inside so_sa_get(), so paths
are converted just like with all the other syscalls.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com