Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 1995 10:54:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Todd Litteken <litteken@txcc.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: STILL faulting..

On Thu, 28 Sep 1995, Michael Smith wrote:

> Jason T. Nelson stands accused of saying:
> >
> > I got the recent 2.1.0 snapshot as Justin requested, but I'm still having
> > some problems (though not as much!). /usr/libexec/cc1 died once of signal
> > 11, then after I continued the kernel compile, the kernel paniced for the
> > same reason as before: "page fault while in kernel mode". Perhaps there
> > are still problems with the 294x support?
>
> No.  You _undoubtedly_ have a hardware problem, most likely faulty RAM
> or cache, possibly motherboard or PCI configuration.
>
> > Jason T. Nelson <jason@jlc.net>
>
> --

I dont beleve you can say it is hardware.. I was getting page falts
also.. Thay wernt bad tell i tried compiling the 2.1 src.. then it was
every couple of min. it would falt.. I ran the ram through a test box and
put the system through a full diag.. there is no hardware problems with
mine.. then after the upgrade the falts stoped.. Also not that thay
started showing up when i increased my max proc to 128..

l8r
 Litteken