Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:53:58 -0600
From:      "Burke Gallagher" <burke@gallagher.chicago.il.us>
To:        "Ivan Fetch" <ivanfetch@technologist.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What can natd forward besides telnet, ftp, http, Etc?

PPTP uses the GRE protocol.  unlike tcp and udp is does not have a
concept like ports therefore natd must forward all gre(pptp/vpn) traffic
to one machine.  Other than the pptp limitations I have not found
anything that natd will not forward and handle.  if you have services
that are still blocked such as ftp, irc, real audio, you want to look at
ipfw as well (the firewall rules in rc.firewall can be set from wide
open to closed)