Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 01:05:20 +0300
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
To:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>, "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkg_check

I think that I might just do that, I'll read the original code, and try
to modify it in that way that it stays consistent.
The thing is, that pkg_info is C program, and my script is Perl.
Anyhow, I'll try to implement it.

Nice to hear from you :)

Quoting "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>:

> On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 02:23:55PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Roman Shterenzon wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > I didn't find the functionality to check package integrity in the
> standard
> > > freebsd pkg_* utilities. (Perhaps I'm missing something?)
> > > So, I wrote this small perl script which does it for me.
> > > With this tool, one may use tripwire only on /var/db/pkg and skip
> > > /usr/local.
> > > What do you think about it?
> >
> > Check out
> >
> > /usr/ports/Tools/scripts/consistency-check
> >
> > Does yours do anything different/better than this one? Perhaps you and
> the
> > author of that script (nbm@freebsd.org) could collaborate.
>
> How about writing a modification to pkg_info(1) that does a check as
> an option?
> --
> Crist J. Clark                           cjclark@alum.mit.com

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]