Date:      Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:14:46 +0000
From:      Mike Clarke <mike@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: coretemp for AMD?

On Sunday 25 January 2009, Josh Carroll wrote:

> For (supported) AMD processors, check out k8temp(4).

That gives very odd results for me:

curlew:/home/mike% sudo k8temp
CPU 0 Core 0 Sensor 0: 13c
CPU 0 Core 0 Sensor 1: 11c
CPU 0 Core 1 Sensor 0: 19c
CPU 0 Core 1 Sensor 1: 2c

Those are all well below room temperature!

But ...

curlew:/home/mike% sysctl hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 28.0C

Which is just a bit below the temperature reported by the BIOS (31C)
when I rebooted about 30 minutes ago. I have powerd running and it's
pulled the CPU frequency down from 2500 to 1000. Turning off powerd
pushes the temperature up to 30C.

--
Mike Clarke