Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:11:34 -0500
From:      Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Lagrange Marc <markocpc@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't use psm/synaptics with my touchpad

--=-io1LnhCv412J559I6z4j

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 09:58 +0100, Lagrange Marc wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I've installed FreeBSD 7-RELEASE to my laptop, a Fujitsu Siemens
> CELSIUS Mobile H ( the p4 one, not the recent H series. )
>=20
> But i get a problem with the touchpad.
>=20
> The touchpad/keyboard are removable and detected as:
>=20
>  ums0 <CST Blue Tooth Keyboard/Mouse, class 0/0, rev 1.10/1.02, addr 2> o=
n uhub2
>  ums0: 2 buttons.
>=20
> It works, but basically, like a normal mouse...
>=20
> I've tried psm with hw.psm.synaptic.... on /boot/loader.conf without
> success, doesn't detect and no /dev/psm0 created, with xorg/synaptics
> same problem, it doesn't detect any compatible touchpad.

So, without going and re-examining the code, the synaptics driver only
supports the psm protocol.   Your touchpad is on /dev/ums0, you could
try setting the device entry to ums0, but I doubt that it will work
correctly.  It should however work fine as a standard mouse using the
mouse driver.

robert.