Date:      Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:49:04 -0700
From:      Theo de Raadt <deraadt@cvs.openbsd.org>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        Adam <suck@my-balls.com>
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AAC raid support

> I'll heartily agree that there is little reason for any company to
> keep information like this closed.

Yet you are not helping.

> But going around making personal
> attacks on company employees that don't give you the cookie you want
> is pretty shitty too.

Then I guess that Doug Richardson made a pretty big mistake over the
last 6 months by not letting us talk to whoever pulls the strings.  He
said I was talking to the person who could and would change things.

So you are talking out of your ass, Scott.

There is no personal attack happening against Doug Richardson.  We
have simply found the conduit for users to express their grievances.

As they say:  The best customer is the one who complains.

Well I have done the discovery process to find out where the customers
can complain.  To Doug Richardson.  Not to some front line Adaptec
apologist who cannot add up the controllers being mentioned and
realize that 1,800 controllers so far is a hell of a lot of money, and
that now that this is being discussed in public, they had better solve
this.  And how many more people have learned from this and will avoid
Adaptec products?

(perhaps these circles where it is being discusssed is on the fringe,
but people in this fringe circle buy or are involved in the purchases
for a LOT of hardware.  Much like if Cisco fucks up and someone brings
note of it to NANOG.  Then Cisco jumps.  If Adaptec does not jump now,
Adaptec is retarded.)

Scott, do you own Adaptec stock?  I just cannot explain why you would
attack me, and apologize for Adaptec's behaviour.  Are you on drugs?