Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:31:59 +0200
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Loads of undefined reference to `pthread_foo`

On 2003-04-28 23:12:33 (-0400), Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 22:42, Philip Paeps wrote:
> > Mmm, it seems as though www/mod_php4 isn't compiling.  It's giving the same
> > errors as above.  From work/php4.3.1/config.log:
> >
> >     [...]
> >     /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'
> >     [...]
> >
> > I'm trying to figure out where in the configure script best to add the
> > -pthread bit.
>
> You shouldn't need to.  What does:
>
> xml2-config --libs
>
> report?  It should contain -pthread.

That gives me:

  (pub:/usr/ports/www/mod_php4)# xml2-config --libs
  -L/usr/local/lib -lxml2 -lz -pthread -L/usr/local/lib -liconv -lm
  -L/usr/local/lib

For some reason, PHP doesn't seem to be picking it up though :-/

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
philip@paeps.cx                                       subscribed to the list.

  When travelling overseas, the exchange rate improves
  markedly the day after one has purchased foreign
  currency.