Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 1995 11:35:01 -0500
From:      MarloweN@aol.com
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installation Problem

I am having a problem at boot time during the install process for FreeBSD 2.0
Rel #2 dated 11/22/1994 that is on a Walnut Creek CD.

Environment:
I have just added a second hard drive.  The first contains one primary active
DOS partition which is full of Windows and apps.  The second drive includes
first the FreeBSD partition followed by one DOS extended partition.
(When I go into Fdisk to set up the BSD area, the DOS partition does not
appear  anywhere on the Disklabel screen.  Is that significant?)

The FreeBSD install has loaded the boot code onto the second drive, wd1.  I
can select that drive  at the boot record prompt. At the FreeBSD 'Boot:'
prompt, I provide  ''wd(1,a)/kernel''  and it loads from the hard drive, not
the floppy.

Following are the drive-related kernel messages: