Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:54:51 -0700
From:      "mike" <mike@coloradosurf.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Len Conrad" <LConrad@Go2France.com>
Subject:   Re: DNS Tools - Zone File Creation

Len,

I looked again in my copy of DNS/BIND (rather tattered despite how clueless
I feel)  and did not find adequate examples the proper use of the $INCLUDE
statement you referenced. I have a script that copies a 'master' zone file
and makes the necessary substitutions (serial,domain, and IP which is only
one of a couple ip's) for new virtually hosted domains. My company hosts
150-200 domains and therefore has 150-200 zone files. This way would seem to
clean things up quite a bit. Could you (please) show me an example of it's
proper use (or refer me to some location that does)? I have pasted below
what should be pretty close to the master we use. From your post, I believe
I should be able to get down to 3-5 zone files.

TIA,

mike

#domain#.         IN      SOA     #ns1#. webmaster.#domain#. (
                                #date#
                                10800
                                3600
                                604800
                                86400 )

#domain#.               IN      NS      #ns1#.
#domain#.               IN      NS      #ns2#.
#domain#.               IN      A       #ipaddress#
www.#domain#.      IN      CNAME   #domain#.
#domain#.               IN      MX      1 #domain#.