Date:      Sun, 7 Oct 2001 23:42:44 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dirprefs

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 10:44:04PM -0700, Annelise Anderson wrote:
> dirprefs seems to be the greatest thing since sliced bread; I've
> updated a 4.4-RELEASE installation to October 7 -stable.=20
>=20
> How do I newfs the file systems and "restore" to get the benefits
> of dirprefs?  Or tar?

You might like to review the fairly complete discussion on -stable
about a week ago.  Basically, it's on by default and any new
directories you create on the FS will have the improved layout policy,
but to get maximum benefit you should newfs and restore (tar, cpio,
restore, whatever) your previous filesystem so the entire thing gets
laid out better.

Kris

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs--