Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:00:56 +0300
From:      Dominik Zalewski <dzalewski@open-craft.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        "UEMURA \(fka. MAENAKA\) Tetsuya" <maenaka@pluto.dti.ne.jp>
Subject:   Re: slapd - slow starting

On Monday 10 July 2006 14:43, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Monday 10 July 2006 19:57, Dominik Zalewski wrote:
> > I'm using FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE on i386. I have installed openldap-server ,
> > pam_ldap , nss_ldap. During booting and when I
> > do /usr/local/etc/rc.d/slapd.sh start , its taking very long time to
> > start. Here is what I'm getting in logfile:
>
> You might want to move the file to /etc/rc.d so it can get started earlier.
>
> I changed the headers to look like so too..
> # PROVIDE: slapd
> # REQUIRE: NETWORKING
> # BEFORE: securelevel
> # KEYWORD: FreeBSD shutdown
>
> My /etc/nsswitch.conf is..
> group: files ldap
> hosts: files dns
> networks: files
> passwd: files ldap
> shells: files

Still the same problem. I tried also to change bind_policy to soft.
Can you show me your nss_ldap.conf ?

Problem is after I change things in /dev/nsswitch.conf. If I live it like
this:

group: compat
hosts: files dns
networks: files
passwd: compat
shells: files

I start slapd using /etc/rc.d/slapd start , then I change /etc/nsswitch.conf
to:

group: files ldap
hosts: files dns
networks: files
passwd: files ldap
shells: files

Everything is fine and users can login via ssh using their ldap password. I
can boot server with first configuration and run some script that will copy
second nsswitch.conf , but I dont like this solution and I dont understand
why its not working.

Any help welcome :)

           Dominik