Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 19:13:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nick Esborn <nick@capella.grayphics.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serving pppd, clients not able to reach outside world

Hello all.

I am most of the way through configuring a 2.2 machine to be a pppd
termserver.  I have everything working EXCEPT for the fact that the
connected clients cannot reach anything outside my LAN, i.e. they are not
accessing our router for the default route.

I have looked through the pppd man pages, but the only references to
routing I found were defaultroute (which adds a default route entry into
the LOCAL machine's routing table through the ppp link--not what I need)
and proxyarp, which I am using.

Is there some specific way to tell the ppp client what default router to
use, or should the server be dealing with the routing on its own.  I am
not running routed or gated right now; what conf file lines would I need
to feed them if they are required?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Nick
Grayphics