Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:51:41 -0500
From:      Vulpes Velox <v.velox@vvelox.net>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   firefox problems

I have just cvsuped and upgraded to firefox 1.0.1.p_1. The problem I
am running into is that after installing it, I can run it, but I can't
change any of the preferences. I also had to delete some of my
previous extentions installed to my home profile, before it would run.
Upon deleting them, I could run it, but I could not change the
preferences. If I remove ~/.mozilla, I get the following...
Xlib: XDM authorization key matches an existing client!

(firefox-bin:63698): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
Exit 1

I have tried that from different from both root and my primary
account, but get the same thing, even if I have just restarted xdm.

The output of uname -a is
FreeBSD v42.24-119-122-191.cpe.cableone.net 4.10-STABLE FreeBSD
4.10-STABLE #1: Thu Oct  7 18:52:00 CDT 2004
kitsune@v42.24-119-122-191.cpe.cableone.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/
v42-3  i386

Any ways, I hope that something here may be useful and if any more
info I could not think of here would be useful, please let me know and
I would be happy to provide it.