Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:10:43 +0100
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   viapm(4) does not see VT8237A on Gigabyte GA-VM900M

Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> Does anyone have ichsmb(4) actually seeing SMBus devices?
> e.g. you run "smbmsg -p" on your FreeBSD-STABLE system and see something.

    I just tried to port over some of the hardware IDs from OpenBSD
4.3's viapm(4) driver to the driver in 6.3-RELEASE, as I really need to
see what working SMBus support looks like in a FreeBSD system.

    Unfortunately the driver wouldn't attach. It looks like isab already
claims the ISA bridge.  Is there any trick I can use to get viapm to
attach to the ISA bridge controller, without breaking the ISA bus bridge
attachment?

    I am using a Gigabyte GA-VM900M board.

thanks,
BMS