Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 1999 14:37:04 +0200 (CEST)
From:      N <niels@bakker.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't register udp portmap

[replies redirected to hopefullly the right place]

> Please check these before potentially starting rumours.
> TCP_WRAPPERS is NOT in STABLE.

I can't really say it's in -CURRENT, either; it installs
/usr/lib/libwrap.so.3 and /usr/include/tcpd.h, but no /usr/libexec/tcpd as
far as I can see.  The port (security/tcp_wrappers) installs tcpd, but
also /usr/local/lib/libwrap.so.7, so applications linked against the port
will complain when run on a -CURRENT system without the port.

What is the reason behind not installing /usr/libexec/tcpd?  I can see not
mucking with /etc/inetd.conf by default, but having the binary around
would definitely save a lot of people some work.

My E 0.02...

	-- Niels.